The Senate’s comprehensive gaming package, Senate Bill 8, today passed the Committee on Appropriations and is ready to go to the Senate floor when the 2017 legislation begins March 7. The bill would regulate online fantasy sports and allow the state to buy out active gaming permits in exchange for new slots licenses….
As Palm Beach sheriff’s Capt. Eric Coleman scoured through the approximately 1,300 overdose reports that deputies responded to in 2016, he learned a 19-year-old named Joey was the youngest person to die. Coleman told an audience Wednesday at the Alliance of Delray Residential Associations meeting that he spoke with Joey’s dad, who said…
- Office Tours – Rep. Matt Willhite District 86
- Task force, state pursue solutions to opioid epidemic as death toll grows
- Florida gambling bills with billions at stake are likely to come down to session wire
- Medical marijuana doctors gain approvals, await next steps
- Rollout of better cellphone, wireless service coming